First and foremost: DO NOT BE A VIRUS TRANSMITTER!!
The COVID-19 virus is transmitted through droplets. The droplets do not last in the air very long, but they last longer on surface. It is best to call/email/text people rather than knock, ring doorbells, or open doors. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS FROM OUR PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT, FOR YOUR HEALTH AND THE HEALTH OF THOSE WE ARE SERVING.
- Do not touch handrails or anything on the porch or door.
- Do not touch the person, stay at least 6 feet away.
- If you get sick, notify us and stop delivering.
- We will give you supplies (hand sanitizer, gloves) if you do not have them.
- Do NOT go into houses or even porches. The door is your threshold.
- This keeps you safe and the other people safe… follow these rules!
- Have some hand sanitizer and use it in between drop offs and before & after you pick up.
The day you are doing deliveries:
- Complete the daily health screening form at website address for form every single day that you are making deliveries.
Information you will be given for picking up items:
- Where to go for the pickup and any special instructions
- What time you need to make the pickup
- What you need for supplies (hand sanitizer, larger vehicle, etc.)
What you are picking up:
- All items will be pre-paid, so you do not need to make a payment to pick items up
- You will be given the address for the delivery(s)
- We will tell you what you need to drop off at these houses, apartments, etc.
- Wear gloves if possible and use hand sanitizer in between stops
- Call, text, or email the client after you make the delivery
- Wait in your vehicle to ensure the package is picked up and the people are OK. Do not touch the person or come within 6 feet of the person.
Would you like to serve as a volunteer? Sign up here!